#GivingTuesday is the biggest giving day of the year worldwide. It follows Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. At ORPHANetwork, our #GivingTuesday campaign is called #HopeFor250 – which will supply care and nourishment for 250 vulnerable children in the least food secure regions of Nicaragua.
The Matagalpa/Jinotega regions are mountainous, rural regions of Nicaragua. Jobs are hard to find; education is limited; food sources are not reliable. We are working through the Local Nicaraguan Church to bring Hope and change to this region.
1. FORWARD IT. Leading up to #GivingTuesday, forward our emails to your employees every Tuesday when we send them out.
2. MATCH IT. Establish a #HopeFor250 matching gift campaign. For example, make a goal for your employees to raise $2,500 and say you will match it up to $2,500 as well.
3. HAVE FUN WITH IT. Last year, as a challenge, one organization announced that a staff member would receive multiple pies in the face once their company’s #GivingTuesday goal was achieved. They got it on video and it was great to see the fun it brought to the workplace.
4. SKIP FOR IT. Encourage people to participate in #HopeFor250 by skipping coffee or a meal every Tuesday until the campaign ends — giving the money they would have spent to help nourish 250 children in Nicaragua.
5. DRAW FOR IT. Hold a drawing to win gift cards to nice restaurants, movies, stores, etc. It’s best if someone donates the gift cards — then you sell tickets for the drawing to see who wins the gift cards. The money raised would then be given to our #Hope250 campaign on #GivingTuesday.
1. It’s an investment. An investment in the lives of 250 vulnerable children.
2. It’s a foundation. Without basic care and proper nourishment, it’s impossible for children to develop healthy brains equipped for learning.
3. It’s an opportunity. A great opportunity for you and your company to give back.
4. It brings hope. Your #GivingTuesday gift provides Hope to vulnerable Nicaraguan children.
5. It makes a difference. Your support will touch lives and impact the local Nicaraguan community.