We are committed to financial integrity. We know that every dollar given to us is because someone wants to help a child in Nicaragua. Maximizing the stewardship of gifts entrusted to us is an extremely high priority. In 2018, 87% of every dollar invested in our ministry went to our work in Nicaragua.
The following steps ensure our transparency:
- We are an established 501(c)(3) with ECFA Accreditation (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability).
- We are recognized as an official NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) in Nicaragua.
- The Nicaraguan Government audits the accounting of our Nicaraguan office – the first audit was performed in 2013 and we received a score of 100%!
- We are guided by an independent Board of Directors with measures in place to ensure financial transparency and integrity.
- We work closely with our partner churches and organizations both in the United States and in Nicaragua.
- We work with each Nicaraguan partner to plan and develop their annual operating and capital budgets.
- We receive and review regular financial statements from each orphanage and Local Church Initiative to ensure spending is consistent with their budgets.
- We have been a 4-star Charity on Charity Navigator for four consecutive years.
- We earned Guidestar’s 2019 Platinum Seal of Transparency
- Our Form 990 is available to the public as well as our 2018 Audit
- Read our recent Annual Report