SMART Missions® – who should go?
Individuals from congregations whom are willing to offer their absolute best for the cause of Christ are the people needed on SMART Missions® trips. If you are considering a serving trip within your church and can answer most, if not all, of the following questions with a “yes,” you should: begin with prayer, review our preparatory materials, and initiate a conversation with your church’s OPRHANetwork point person.
- Do you listen well?
- Are you equipped with a skillset that has been requested by our Nicaraguan partners?
- Are you willing to do the preparatory work to educate yourself as much as possible?
- Are you willing to build up local leaders through training and relationships?
- Are you willing to pour your time, money, and gifts into the people you will serve – even if they are much different than yourself?
- Are you willing to follow up and invest in our Nicaraguan partners even though there may not be the satisfaction of instant gratification?
Read our SMART Missions® Guide
Think about how you would define the word poverty, then watch this video.
During the Trip